Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fay is on her way...











image: alansmithee

Posting will be light today as we are bracing for the outer bands of Fay, which is due to reach us sometime this evening. If I disappear for a while, it is likely that we were hit hard and the power went out or there was flooding or some such other bother.

Savannah has uncanny luck with tropical storms and hurricanes, they usually pass us by. However, we always felt the same way when I lived in New Orleans and you all know what happened there. With that in mind, I'm going to err on the side of prudence and prepare.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

The Nag said...

Let us know how it goes. I hope you can manage to get a day off work because of it :-) Up here we'll probably see the tail end of it in a day or two.

cavalaxis said...

Luck!

I grew up in Houston, but moved to California before I was old enough to drink. Still, I've always thought a hurricane party sounded like a great way to pass the storm.

John M. said...

Thanks, my peeps!

I hope I don't have to miss any work. I missed two days this past week, one because of an underground explosion that shut down the whole downtown area.

However, I'll always make good use of a free day off and as my boss is also my landlord, it's less of a hassle to be late with my rent. He'll know I'm not BSing him.

I've had a few hurricane parties. Lots o' fun! I'm one of those types that gets high on severe weather, so it's always a party for me.

Anonymous said...

hope all is well

John M. said...

So far so good. We're getting the occasional squall but if all goes the way the Hurricane Center predicts the storm is due to miss us and head inland toward Alabama.

Keeping our fingers crossed.