Monday, August 25, 2008

at the estate


















When I lived in England for a short while, back in the '80s, I hitchhiked around the countryside with a buddy of mine.

Previously, I had met a girl in London that moved to Dorset to take care of an aging Lord. On our way out toward Devon and Cornwall, we stopped by and were invited to stay at the estate.

The first day we were there, I was sitting in the living room reading and out of the corner of my eye I saw an animal walk into the room and approach the coffee table. At first, I thought it was a dog, but when I looked, as the animal was munching on some peanuts in a bowl on the table, I was a bit shocked to notice that it was a miniature pony. Our host raised these dog-sized horses and they had the run of the house. This photo brought back fond memories of our stay there.

via FFFFOUND!

No comments: