Monday, June 2, 2008

White Gold - Tame the White Tiger



I'm not a big fan of milk anymore, it turns my guts and I'm not so sure how healthy it is to drink it, but I love this video. Regardless of dietary preferences, it's a great piece of viral advertising.

I was kinda disappointed that this wasn't a real band.

For the curious, White Gold is a rock star who was given a guitar full of milk by an angel. He's really stoked about the whole thing.

Paid for by the California Milk Processor Board, the objective of these videos is to sell more milk and get kids off soda. I think they outdid themselves.

One thing struck me: it seems that the musical stylings are more appropriate to the youth of the early to mid-seventies than to those of the now. This was like hearing Basketball Jones back in the sixth grade. But hey, if kids are digging this kind of music, I'm all for it. It would be a big step up from the crap I'm hearing on the radio.

I don't know. Maybe the fact that I like it is proof that kids will hate it and that it's really an out-of-touch effort doomed to failure and obscurity.

White Gold's YouTube
White Gold is White Gold
via Wired Science

No comments: