Monday, June 23, 2008

Roadside Architecture


















Paradise Gardens, Summerville, GA

Debra Jane Seltzer:

I have been passionate about commercial architecture and roadside related things all my life. I grew up in California but New York City has been my home since 1980. I started this website in 2000 simply as a way to organize my own photos. Since then, it has become a bit of an obsession and grown to well over 1,000 pages.

I could spend hours going through all this stuff. She gives nice write-ups on the subjects, from drive-ins, giant things, diners and restaurants, motels, Tiki and all sorts of other strange and fascinating places.

Debra has a weblog, too, but hasn't been updated for a couple of months. It's seems he only posts while she's traveling. I'm subscribed and looking forward to her next road trip.

I was happy to see that she caught the Thunderbird Inn, here in Savannah, as well as the giant cow at Keller's Flea Market.

via MonkeyFilter

No comments: