Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday Excursions: Beat the Sunday Blues














another usual morning
via FFFFOUND!


Do you get the Sunday Blues?

Years back, I always felt a little depressed on Sundays. When I was a kid it always meant I had to go back to school the next day. Years later, it meant work tomorrow. I always knew that it was just another day and it wasn't really that much different from Saturday... but it was.

Over the last 8 years or so, I've largely lived outside the 9-5/M-F world. In the interim I've managed to deprogram my reflexive Sunday Blues, but I still feel a twinge of it any odd week or another.
---

Wetter-Foto.de













I have no idea what these guys are saying, but they have some magnificent weather photos.

via Ursi's Blog
---

Sunday linkage:

Top 10 Myths About the Romans
via Interesting Pile

YouTube video timelines with Time Tube
via The Presurfer

Club Internet, a temporary “online gallery” of net art, is up now thru June 14. (Hit reload to view another work.)
via Delicious Ghost
---

From the people who brought us GovernmentAttic.org
(I think):

Get Grandpa's FBI File

Get My FBI File

You can do it, and they'll help you. You can get other alphabet-soup files, as well. Very useful stuff if you'd like to be informed of the government's version of your personal and family history.

See also:

TV Show Complaints

See what uptight, no-life goobers have to whine about your favorite TV shows.
---

I was just reading something about this optical illusion, but for the life of me I can't remember the details or find the source. If anyone knows what this is, and what it's origins are, I'd greatly appreciate any info.



Animated Optical Illusion

via Random Good Stuff
---



















Highlights of Digital Scriptorium

An impressive collection of medieval and renaissance manuscripts. I could look at this stuff for hours.

via MINDFVCK
---


















Cepolina Photo: 5800 free images for private/commercial use

Good ones, too.

via linkfilter.net
---

Charles Schillings - Spin it right


---

Rock on, everybody, and have a great week!

No comments: