Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Transatlantic Tunnel complete? Telectroscope next?














do you believe in the telectroscope? reports:

I received a mysterious phone call at 7:00 a.m this morning from Paul St George.

He sounded tired, but elated. He urged me to come down to Tower Bridge to bear witness to the completion of the tunnel...

Tomorrow he will prepare the ground for the Telectroscope and he has agreed to answer any questions that people may wish to pose him about his project.

Anyone in the area, be there at one p.m. and have at it.

I'm not sold on this, just yet.

Previous UT entry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there

I understand your scepticism. I felt like that too at first. But I'll be down at the London end a lot in the next week and it would be really good to have someone to wave at at the other end.

cheers

timw
http://blog.telectroscope.org/

John M. said...

Hi Tim, thanks for stopping by.

I'm more on board with this than I am skeptical. I just have a few nagging doubts.

In fact, I'm somewhat enthusiastic in my hopes that this project will be a success.

I look forward to further reports.

Anonymous said...

I think we should all suspend our disbelief and just enjoy this. I was part of a similar project that never got full funding called Dig to China. It is a little disappointing to see someone beat us to it. Here is our version and perhaps we give to much away in our proposal for funding. http://www.mikerathbun.com/currentproj/digtochina/index.html

Anonymous said...

opps didn't mean to be anonymous on the Dig to china post.

John M. said...

Right on Thad, I feel ya.

I am enjoying this immensely. It fires that delight I get when I read things like Journey to the Center of the Earth.