Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mahalo

Whenever I find something like this, I usually resist, as my time is already overwhelmingly saturated with things like del.icio.us, Digg, Twitter and StumbleUpon, to name a few. Trying to cope with all this usually finds me neglecting them all. I need a silver bullet.

After closer examination, Mahalo looks like it might be the one stop bookmarking, search, and social networking organizer that I need.

It's main function is that of a "human powered search-engine", but with features like Mahalo Follow and Mahalo Social you can bring all of your disparate and scattered Web 2.0 madness under one umbrella, without abandoning or neglecting your favorites.

What's really cool about the search engine is that it provides links organized into various categories like news, websites, and videos. This makes it a fair bit easier to find precisely what you're looking for and some things you might not have known about. Here's a good example.

My hope is that by using Mahalo, I can optimize my browsing and bookmarking and save some time. If it lives up to what it seems to offer, this might be my silver bullet, after all.

No comments: