Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Andrea Bonazzi - At the Mountains of Madness


















bonazzi.tk

Andrea Bonazzi is a writer and artist that hails from Genoa, Italy. The above image is actually one of Andrea's montages. The montages are photos mixed with his tablets and sculptures. If you're a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, you'll dig his work. The tablets are exceptional. I'm partial to this piece as I love At the Mountains of Madness. I'm really looking forward to the movie.

Around six months or so ago, I wrote him an email asking permission to use one of his images. He was a really nice guy, but to my dismay, he told me that he is no longer making art. I urged him to reconsider.

He has a weblog that I keep an eye on, but since I don't read Italian, I'm lost on it most of the time. I just look at the pictures. It's mostly creepy-Lovecraftian-horror-oriented, so if that's not really your kind of thing, this won't really be your kind of thing.

No comments: