Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mogwai - The Sun Smells Too Loud (unofficial)


(video link)

from their newly released album The Hawk Is Howling

Bummer that they had to postpone the remainder of their North American tour:

We are sad to announce that we have had to cancel our remaining American and Canadian shows due to ill health. Our other dates in Europe and Japan will be going ahead as planned. We will re-schedule the shows in 2009.

Martin explains what happened

"I was taken into hospital last night almost immediately after the show at ATP. I've been having some problems with my pacemaker for the duration of the tour and it unfortunately culminated in me being sent to the emergency room. The doctors there initially thought i would have to have corrective surgery at a larger hospital nearer NYC but i have been given the all clear to travel home on the understanding that i go straight to my cardiologist on arrival back in Scotland.

"Tbh, i'm really bummed about having to go home and feel for the folk who had bought tickets for our upcoming shows but i can honestly say it would be almost impossible for me to carry on at this point as my pacemaker has broken skin and the surrounding area has become infected."

Mogwai

via Matablog

2 comments:

Alan (Evil) Miller said...

What's the other video that uses this same old video for source material? As far as the visual part of this goes, it sucks. It does not match the song at all. Good song, however.

John M. said...

I don't know. I thought it was alright.