Friday, September 19, 2008

Five by Seelenluft

Beat Solèr, aka Seelenluft is a Swiss-born, Berlin based producer and DJ. Apart from his obvious skills, his music has a sense of humor and sweetness that I find endearing. He also has a number of excellent videos, a few of which I will now share with you.

First up is Manila (2002) featuring 12 year-old Comptonite, Michael Smith. This track, one of his best known, has been remixed numerous times and has appeared on over 60 compilations. I still love it.


(video link)
---

L.A. Woman (2002), and Manila are both from the album Out of the Woods.


(video link)
---

Back to 2000, from the album The Rise And Fall Of Silvercity-Bob, comes Blue Tiger Family.


(video link)
---

Horse With No Name (2007) features Florian Horwath on vocals and is a cover of the 1971 hit by America. I never really liked this tune that much growing up, but after hearing this version, I have a new-found appreciation for it. This track was released on his 2008 album, Horse With No Name.


(video link)
---

Some of you will know that I posted this video a little over a month ago, but so what-- I love it and this is a good excuse to put it up again. From the 2004 album The Way We Go, welcome back to Baby Baby.


(video link)
---

for more info:
seelenluft.net
Seelenluft wiki

No comments: