Wednesday, October 22, 2008

brief outage

Monday afternoon, I awoke to find my internet disconnected. This was a bit of a puzzle, as I was up to date on my bill. I know that it wasn't an outage because I heard the cable guy doinking around with the box.

I tried to call customer service all day but could not get through due to a "high volume of calls."

Tuesday afternoon, I woke up to find that it was back on. WooHoo! I'm not sure what happened, but I'm back on the axe.

I have to admit that it threw me off my game all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried a voluntary social experimant on myself : one month without internet and cell phone. It rearranged my priorities !

John M. said...

I'm going to have to try that some time. Even if it's just for a week.

Funny thing is, before 1998, I pretty much lived in a perpetual state of "without internet and cell phone"!

I think I could do without internet, I'm just hooked on this weblog.